Even though you can't count me in with the group of NFL fans that camp outside the stadium nowadays, I definitely did a couple years ago for a couple college games. When I was younger, I often spent time with my family, both close and extended, having potlucks and Sunday night football parties. Everyone would sit around the television, the kids (including me) would be running around, playing games. I could even tell you some hilarious stories of my high school years as a cheerleader on the sidelines of football games. When we weren't cheering for the boys, we were rating their butts in the football pads and gear. I laugh when I think how mad we would be if the boys did the same to us! Now, I still think of football as something that brings families and friends together. My husband, dad, and brother often can be found shouting at the television with a game on.
When NFL Shop asked to work with me, I immediately knew which team to represent. The Green Bay Packers bring up feelings of nostalgia from my childhood years of Sunday night football. They bring back memories of one of my hilarious "Cheesehead" friends from college who repped his home state team. Plus, they have had some pretty good Super Bowl wins themselves!
So, my tips for staying warm on game day? Here are just a few that I have learned:
- Get earmuffs, like my Green Bay muffs from NFL! A beanie that covers the ears can work well, too.
- Bring a team blanket. Especially for those cold plastic seats or metal bleachers. These are necessary to warm the bum!
- Step up your game day gear-- wear a team sweater! I love mine from NFL Shop.
- Always bring gloves. I forgot gloves the day I shot these photos, and I totally paid the price. Numb hands mean that you can't cheer!
- Just buy the hot cocoa. The 5 dollar mug is worth it!
Find similar gear at the NFL Shop! You can also follow them on social media @NFLFanStyle!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
CONNECT TO LAURYN AMBER
Linked up with: What I Wore to Work, Favorite Fashion Friday, What I Wore Wednesday, Watch What I'm Wearing, Trend Spin, #WIWT, Manic Monday, All About You, Personal Style Monday, Thursday Favorite Things, Sincerely Jenna Marie