- BELT IT In my opinion, high waist pants look best belted! It really helps accentuate the smallest part of your frame-- the waist! So cinch it in with a cute (but big) belt that draws attention to that area.
- TUCK IT Baggy shirts should definitely be tucked into the high waist jeans. Again, this is to accentuate your waist! Of course, untucked baggy shirts do just fine, but then you won't be able to be seen rockin' the hot trend of high waist jeans! What's the fun in that?
- CROP IT Yep, the only time you should be caught wearing a crop top over the age of 24 is when you are wearing high waisted pants! (any other time and you're showing a little too much unless you're Taylor Swift). Wearing a crop top allows eyes to focus on the hourglass silhouette that you are trying to create.
- ROLL IT This is one of the tips that can be paired with other styles! I love to roll my "mom jeans" when I am wearing booties or when they are too baggy. By doing this (if they are baggy), you show a little ankle, which again, shows off your figure.
- EXPERIMENT IT There are truly a plethora of shoes styles that can be worn with high waist jeans, but make sure you experiment first! Not all will look good, so be sure to test them each out in the mirror before heading out the door. Some styles that look the best? Chunky heels, d'Orsay flats, and of course, booties!
Jewelry is all from Color by Amber c/o
Striped Shirt from DownEast Basics
Seychelles Ukulele Suede Ankle Boots (very very similar- same brand)
Raga Calabasas Kimono (similar- same brand)
Retro Luxe London Leather Western Belt with Double Keeper
FOREVER 21 classic high-waisted jeans
Linked up with: What I Wore to Work, Favorite Fashion Friday, What I Wore Wednesday, Watch What I'm Wearing, Trend Spin, #WIWT, Manic Monday, All About You, Personal Style Monday, Thursday Favorite Things, Sincerely Jenna Marie