- Book way ahead of time By this, I mean months in advance. Plane tickets and hotel bookings surge a month before, and then a week before the events take place. Not to mention it is over the weekend of September 11th. save yourself a headache and your wallet by booking sooner rather than later.
- Be prepared to not know what the plan is It'll be about a week before and you still might not know what the plan is. Don't stress. For NYFW, you just have to go with the flow and hope that everything works out! You will probably not hear back from the PR contact until two weeks before, and then get your seating arrangement until a week or less before. When I booked my plane ticket, I didn't even know if I was getting into any shows.
- Contact the designers. Well, you won't get ahold of the designers, per se, but their public realtions or marketing personel will be there for you! Email them and let them know that you'll be at New York Fashion Week and you would love to come to the show. You'll definiteyl have to do your homework to find which designers are having runways or presentations, and then also find their PR/Contact page.
- Find a group of others going, and trade contacts This was such a huge help for me this season! I found a lot of other bloggers going, and we all teamed up and helped each other out! I gave them contacts to the shows I was going to, and vice versa.
- Share, share, share Like I said above, share! I found that if I offered information to someone else, they always returned the favor. It was especially helpful when I was in a bind and I had already helped a sistahh out!
- Create a Facebook group, or join one Many times, a group of influencers and business owners going will have created a #NYFW page on Facebook. Join one and hear about all the fun meet-ups, what shows people are going to, and get more information as well as share yours!
- Tag your favorite designers who will be showing Want to go to a specific designer? Tag them in your Instagram photos (of you wearing their clothing) or link back to them on your blog! Chances are, their PR team will scout you out and invite you to a show... if they invite you, you are a "VIP" and get front row seats!
CONNECT TO LAURYN AMBER
Linked up with: What I Wore to Work, What I Wore Wednesday, Watch What I'm Wearing, Trend Spin, #WIWT, Manic Monday, All About You, Personal Style Monday, Thursday Favorite Things, Wednesday Blog Hop, How I Summer/Winter, Mingle Monday Linkup. Tell Fashion Linkup, Mix It Mondays, Confident Twosday Linkup, Casual Friday Linkup, Thursday Favorite Things