Are you as into this denim trend as I am? My love for it should be pretty obvious with the DIY denim jacket post from my blog party. The jean everything is a trend that's here to stay, at least for another round in 2017! Karlee from Madam Andrews and I decided to get together an show you all the ways you can add a little bit of denim in your life.
5 WAYS TO WEAR DENIM
1. A Tunic You know those tops that are too short to be a dress, but too long to be a shirt? That is a tunic. If you want to be a bit cheeky, you can still wear them as a dress ;) This past summer I posted my version of a denim tunic outfit, complete with denim clogs!
2. An Oversized Jacket This style of jacket is extremely in right now! You may think I am kidding, but the bigger, the better when it comes to jean jackets! Even better if there is a light wash, distressing, pins, or patches! I wore my oversized and thrifted Levi's jacket, and then I later customized it with acrylic paint and patches!
3. A Jumper or Overall Dress A jumper is what Karlee is wearing in this shoot! These denim dresses are perfect to be layered with tees and paired with statement shoes. I wore a jumper in last year's laundromat post, inspired by '50's wear!
4. Overalls You know you want to wear comfy overalls, just like when you were a kid. The trend has died down a bit with the cold weather season, but it is making a comeback this spring and summer! I wore dark wash overalls two summers ago, and then a pair of lighter wash overalls (that you see in this shoot) this summer!
5. A Chambray Shirt Not full on denim, but chambray offers the same look for cooler temperatures. You can wear it open and layered, like I did in this summer dress post. Or, wear the chambray layered under a cardigan for a chill winter look. You can wear a chambray jumpsuit, like my post here. These button up blouses can even be tied around your waist to add that crucial third piece!
Photography: Anchored Image
Hair: H2Blow Dry Bar
Blue Boots (30% off!)
ON KARLEE FROM MADAM ANDREWS
Leather Backless Loafer
Green Long Sleeve (similar linked)
Leather OTS Purse
SHOP THE LOOKS BELOW
CONNECT TO LAURYN AMBER
Linked up with: What I Wore to Work, What I Wore Wednesday, Watch What I'm Wearing, Trend Spin, #WIWT, Thursday Favorite Things, Wednesday Blog Hop, Tell Fashion Linkup, Mix It Mondays, Confident Twosday Linkup, Casual Friday Linkup,