Although Valentine's Day is deemed as just another commercial holiday used to drive sales, most people still enjoy and celebrate it. For instance, this year I have Parent Teacher Conferences on February 14 until 7:30 pm, and I am among many who are not too happy to miss out on Vday!
While we hate to give in to consumerism and listen to brands, we all deep down want to feel validated on a day where everyone else is showing their love for others. I remember back in college, Valentine's was such a huge deal because I was usually juuuuuuust starting to date someone and it wasn't serious enough, but a little more exclusive, so it became a dance and song.
With that being said, I have come up with seven ways to know if the one you're dating is ready to be your Valentine. Two years ago I wrote about What Guys Actually Want for Valentine's Day depending on their age and how long you have been dating. This year, it's all about how to tell if a guy is ready for commitment with you. Remember, love is not a science, everyone is different, and my experiences may be different than yours. However, these are some pretty good indicators that a dude is either 1. really into you or 2. knows how to make a girl feel loved.
HOW TO KNOW IF HE IS READY TO BE YOUR VALENTINE
1. He has let you meet his parents or siblings.
2. He takes care of you when you are sick.
3. He shows body language of being into you (especially watch this in front of his friends) such as good eye contact and wanting to give physical touch (such as holding your hand).
4. He follows through with plans you have made (RED FLAG: he flakes a lot).
5. He takes interests in what interests you, and he remembers details.
6. He gently teases you. The younger (or less mature) a man is, the harsher the teasing may be.
7. He notices changes in your physical appearance or emotions.
Whatever you may be with your guy this Valentine's Day, remember to not take anything too seriously and to spend the most time cultivating relationships (like with your mom or best friends) that you know will be there for you in the end!
SHOP THE LOOK BELOW
CONNECT TO LAURYN AMBER
Linked up with: What I Wore to Work, What I Wore Wednesday, Watch What I'm Wearing, Trend Spin, #WIWT, Thursday Favorite Things, Wednesday Blog Hop, Tell Fashion Linkup, Mix It Mondays, Confident Twosday Linkup, Casual Friday Linkup,